#381 – Wheelbarrow Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
A delightful way to send a friend a summer greeting!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #381 – Wheelbarrow
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* #381 – Wheelbarrow (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of metallic silver and rust approx. 2 7/8" square, a piece of textured warm cream cut to 2 1/4" square using Paper Edgers®), and a piece of olive green approx. 2 1/8")
Paint – olive green, dark gray, yellow, cark brown, light gray or white as highlight on wheelbarrow
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the flowers and wheelbarrow and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply dark brown paint to all of wheelbarrow and let dry.
3. Apply olive paint to all leaves and let dry.
4. Apply dark gray paint to center portions of flowers and areas between flowers, and let dry.
5. Apply yellow paint to petals (as shown) and let dry.
6. Apply light gray or white paint lightly to highlight wheelbarrow (as shown).
7. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
8. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders s shown. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
9. Glue casting to center of top paper and let dry.
Greeting card designed and created by Alex Haug.