1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #325 – King of the Jungle
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #325 – King of the Jungle (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
Clear acrylic varnish
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of black approx. 3 1/16" square, a piece of metallic gold approx. 2 5/8" square, and a piece of black-&-gold patterned paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Paint – metallic gold, black
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the lion design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply black paint to lion’s entire head and let dry.
3. Apply metallic gold paint to highlight lion’s face as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
6. Glue casting to center of black-&-gold patterned paper.