#015 – Grapes
Canning Jar Label
Paper Casting Project
A great way to share your homemade jams & jellies –
along with a batch of cookies to match!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #015 – Grapes
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit
1 paper casting* of design #015 – Grapes OR #1027 – Grapes (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions
Clear acrylic varnish
Sharp scissors (we recommend Joyce Chen kitchen shears)
Paint and paintbrush
Colored construction papers or self-adhesive labels
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions
). The choice is yours.
1. Apply a coat of varnish to the casting and let dry.
2. Carefully cut out the grape design from the casting.
3. Paint the grapes several shades of purple and lavender and the leaves in varying shades of green.
4. Apply another coat of varnish to seal the paint and let dry.
5. Cut colored paper to the size of the label you want on your jar (or use store-bought labels). We glued together 2 pieces of paper, the larger one behind made a border around the label.
6. Glue the grape cutout to the center of the label.
Glue the label to the jar.