1. Apply a coat of varnish to the casting(s) and let dry.
2. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish to the already stiffened doily to make it stronger, and block it out until dry.
3. Optional: Paint the medallion and let dry.
4. Optional: Add varnish to areas on the casting where you want glitter, then sprinkle glitter on while varnish is still wet. Let it dry. Then apply a final coat of varnish to secure the glitter.
5. Glue casting(s) to the doily.
6. Starting at the top of the doily heart, weave ribbon through the holes in the doily, leaving enough ribbon at each end to tie a bow.
7. For Christmas Ornament: Make a loop of ribbon (or thread or clear fishing line) and tie a knot. Glue it onto the top of the ornament and let it dry thoroughly before hanging.
For Box Decoration: Glue the doily to the box lid and let dry.