#223 – Basket Heart
Gift Box Decoration or
Christmas Tree Ornament
Paper Casting Project
This versatile project can serve as a unique
gift box decoration or a delightful tree ornament!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #223 – Basket Heart
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit
1 paper casting* of design #223 – Basket Heart (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions
). Note: For ornament you will need 2 paper castings, 1 for each side.
Clear acrylic varnish
1 crochet or tatted heart-shape doily, stiffened
Ribbon 1/8” or 1/4” wide, depending on size of doily holes
Paint and glitter (optional)
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions
). The choice is yours.
1. Apply a coat of varnish to the casting(s) and let dry.
2. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish to the already stiffened doily to make it stronger, and block it out until dry.
3. Optional: Paint the medallion and let dry.
4. Optional: Add varnish to areas on the casting where you want glitter, then sprinkle glitter on while varnish is still wet. Let it dry. Then apply a final coat of varnish to secure the glitter.
5. Glue casting(s) to the doily.
6. Starting at the top of the doily heart, weave ribbon through the holes in the doily, leaving enough ribbon at each end to tie a bow.
7. For Christmas Ornament: Make a loop of ribbon (or thread or clear fishing line) and tie a knot. Glue it onto the top of the ornament and let it dry thoroughly before hanging.
For Box Decoration: Glue the doily to the box lid and let dry.
Try a batch of springerle cookies!