#067 – Heidi Greeting Card
Create this beautiful card for that very special person –
then pair it with homemade cookies to show how much you care.
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #067 – Heidi
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit
1 paper casting* of design #067 – Heidi OR #1003 – Heidi (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions
1 blank greeting card or make a card from paper of your choice
Clear acrylic varnish
Paper Edgers® scissors (your choice of pattern)
Paint and paintbrush (optional)
Ribbon – we used 1/8" satin ribbon
2 pieces colored construction paper 4" to 5" square
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions
). The choice is yours.
1. Apply a coat of varnish to the casting and let dry.
2. Cut out the design from the casting, carefully working your scissors around the outside of each little flower (as shown).
3. Optional: Paint the heart and each little flower on the casting using the colors you like best. Let dry.
4. Optional: Add varnish to areas on the cutout where you want glitter, then sprinkle glitter on while varnish is still wet. Let it dry. Then apply a final coat of varnish to secure the glitter.
5. If you do not have a store-bought card, fold an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of colorful paper in half horizontally and then in half vertically to make a card.
6. Cut 1 piece of colored construction paper into a heart shape and trim it with Paper Edgers® scissors (as shown) to about 3" to 3 1/2" in diameter. Then cut the 2nd piece of paper into a heart shape and trim it with Paper Edgers® scissors (as shown) to about 3 1/2" to 4" in diameter. Glue the smaller heart onto the larger heart and then glue both of these onto the center of the card.
7. Glue the casting onto the center portion of the hearts. Then tie a small bow with the ribbon and glue it to the top of the casting.
Greeting card designed and created by Sue Moore. Photographs by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR
Give a gift box of delicious cookies . . .
#067 – Heidi
and #223 Basket Heart