100% Cotton linter - (see Rycraft Cotton Linter) Paper castings* as follows (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions):
4 of #244 – Flower Basket
4 of #215 – Love Birds
2 of #211 – Quilted Hearts
1 of #210 – Heart Pinwheel
1 of #221 – Sweethearts
Clear acrylic varnish
1 round 4” diameter craft box
Paint: we used blue, red, green, and gold
Optional: Paint or fabric for inside of box
1. Cut out the flower basket design from each casting #244.
2. Cut out 8 of the hearts from castings #211 (there will be 2 left over).
3. Cut out the tulip-lovebird design from each casting #215, snipping off the center tulip just above the heart.
4. Cut out 4 hearts from casting #210.
5. Cut out 4 hearts from casting #221.
6. Apply a coat of varnish to all sides and edges of the cut-outs and let dry.
7. Glue the cut-outs to the box as pictured, making sure the spacing is even around the sides of the box
(4 baskets, 4 large hearts, 4 small hearts on lid; 4 large hearts, 4 medium hearts, 4 lovebirds on sides of box).
8. Spray paint the box and let dry.
9. Paint the cut-outs with pink, gold, green and blue paints as pictured or choose your own colors and be creative.
10. Varnish each of the cut-outs again and let dry thoroughly.
11. Optional: Paint inside of box or line with fabric for a more elegant look.
Project above designed and created by Sue Moore. Photograph by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.