1. Let paper castings dry thoroughly. Then with sharp scissors carefully cut out 2 butterfly designs and 4 tulip designs. Note: Remove one leaf from 2 of the tulip castings.
2. Varnish each cut-out to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design swell and disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
3. Apply yellow paint as the background color on the butterfly cut-outs as well as the tulip cut-outs and let dry. Apply red and orange to butterfly (as shown) and to highlights of tulip flowers (as shown).
4. Apply green and blue-green paint to the raised portions of the leaves as shown.
5. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted cut-outs and let dry.
6. Glue 1 butterfly to opposite sides of the vase.
7. Glue tulips as shown on opposite sides of the vase, so that there are 2 flowers and 3 leaves.