1 clay casting*: #422 – Dragonfly (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions) 2” round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: olive green, pale aqua blue, rusty brown
1 vase of your choice
1. While clay is still wet, use knife or cookie cutter to cut out design; if your vase has a rounded surface where you will affix the casting, then gently press casting over area so casting will dry conformed to the rounded shape. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply rusty brown paint to background area and edges of casting . Let dry.
5. Paint the background of wings with light aqua blue paint and let dry. Then paint the dragonfly's body and the raised portions and edges of the wings with olive green paint (as shown). Let dry.
6. Use hot glue to affix the casting to the vase. Hold in position until glue dries.