1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp: #422 – Dragonfly
1 sheet 100% cotton linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter) 1 paper casting* - #422 – Dragonfly (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
1 candle (round or square)
1 piece decorative paper approx. 1 3/4" wide and long enough to reach around the candle.
Glue of your choice or hot glue
Acrylic paints: olive green, lavender-blue, lavender (or colors of your choice)
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Optional: Apply the varnish just to the design and leave the outside of the casting untouched.
2. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Apply lavender paint to background of wings and let dry.
4. Apply lavender-blue paint to raised portions and edges of wings and let dry.
5. Apply olive green paint to body and let dry.
6. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
7. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue ends together at rear of candle.
8. Use glue of choice to affix casting to center of paper at front of candle.