1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #420 – Holly Sprig (2) or #023 – Holly Sprig (1)
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* of design #420 Holly Sprig (2) or #023 Holly Sprig (1) (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
Clear acrylic varnish
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of red approx. 3 1/4" square, a piece of metallic gold approx. 2 3/4" square, and a piece of black paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, red, green
Optional: Glitter (ultra fine)
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the holly design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply paint to design as shown, one color at a time, and let paint dry between coats so colors won't run together. Optional: While red paint is still wet, add glitter, shake off excess, and let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of black paper.