A quick and easy St Patrick's Day gift your kids can make!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #419 – Wooden Shoe
Clay* - we used Creative Paperclay® which air dries to a paintable pure white (no oven needed)
1 clay casting* - #419 – Wooden Shoe (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
1 2" round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board (fine grit)
Acrylic primer (optional)
Acrylic clear varnish (optional)
Acrylic paints: metallic bronze, green (or any colors you like)
Tacky glue or hot glue
Optional: 1 magnet (from a craft store).
Optional - For an ornament: 1 piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter. If you are going to make an ornament, use toothpick to poke a hole in the top (see How to Make a Hole). Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply green paint to background area and also on bottoms of shamrock stems and let dry. Apply bronze to edge of casting (as shown) and let dry.
5. Apply bronze paint to shamrock leaves and let dry.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
6. Use hot glue to attach magnet to back, or make an ornament by attaching a piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.