1 picture frame (we used a white shadow box frame 7" x 9")
1 matte board cut to fit inside frame with a 4" square opening for artwork
1 piece of your choice of papers (we used a deep sky blue and painted it with white clouds) cut to approx. 2 7/8" square
1 piece cream decorative paper to fit behind artwork (cut to fit the back of the shadow box frame)
4 tiny white pearl drops (from craft store)
Clear acrylic varnish
Clear fluorescent ultra-fine glitter
Acrylic paints: blue (same color as paper), white, yellow, orange, pale blue
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Apply blue paint to background of casting around stork's body (as shown) and let dry. Then apply other colors, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Use pale blue (you can mix your blue with white) for the wing shadows (as shown). Use orange for the legs, beak, and inside of bag. Use yellow for the outside of the bag and while paint is still wet, apply glitter (optional), and let dry. Use white paint to finish body of bird (as shown). Let all paint dry thoroughly.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Paint white clouds on blue paper. Then glue the 4 pearls to the corners as shown and let dry. Then glue the paper to the center of the cut-out cream piece of decorative paper. Lastly glue the painted casting to the center of the cream paper. Let dry.
5. Place completed artwork into back of frame and glue into place, making sure artwork is centered. Let dry.
6. Finish frame.