#385 – Mr. Stork Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
Create a beautiful card for a baby shower or
to celebrate the birth of a precious new baby!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #385 – Mr. Stork or #1069 – Mr. Stork
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* - #385 – Mr. Stork or 1069 – Mr. Stork (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
1 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of sky blue approx. 2 7/8" square)
Paint – white, sky blue (to match decorative paper), yellow, orange
4 small half-pearls (from craft store)
Optional: Ultra-fine glitter
Note: You can substitute Import design #1069 – Mr. Stork for Heirloom design #385 (pictured).
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Cut blue paper to size. Then apply white paint to look like clouds (you can experiment with white paint mixed with blue if you like). Let dry and then glue 4 half-pearls to 4 corners. Then glue finished piece of paper to card.
3. Apply blue paint around stork's body as shown and let dry.
4. Mix white with blue paint and apply light blue to base of smallest feathers as shown and let dry. Note: Leave tips of feathers white.
5. Apply orange to feet, beak, and inside of bundle and let dry.
6. Apply yellow to outside of bundle and let dry. Optional: Apply glitter to bundle while yellow paint is still wet. Let dry.
7. Optional: Apply another coat of white paint to highlight raised portions of stork's body.
8. Optional: Varnish again to protect painted casting and let dry thoroughly.
9. Glue casting to center of blue cloud-painted paper already on card.