1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #378 – Cupid with a Bow
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* 378 – Cupid with a Bow (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of pale red and gold approx. 3 1/2" square, a piece of metallic gold approx. 2 5/8" square, and a piece of red velvet approx. 2 1/2" square)
Paint – metallic gold, black
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the cupid design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply black paint to cupid’s entire body and bow and let dry.
3. Apply metallic gold paint to highlight the design as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
7. Glue casting to center of red velvet paper.