1 clay casting*: #374 - Moose (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
2” round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: shades of green and brown and rust
Decorative brown paper cut approx 2" wide and long enough to fit around candle.
1 piece of natural raffia long enough to fit around candle and tie a simple knot as shown
1. While clay is still wet, use knife or cookie cutter to cut out design. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply a coat of the background paint color of your choice (we used a rusty brown). Let dry.
5. Paint the forest and moose, applying one color at a time, and allow to dry between colors. Let dry.
6. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue closed at back.
7. Tie raffia around candle and tie a knot. Trim ends to an attractive length. Optional: Cut it long enough to tie a bow.
8. Use hot glue to affix the moose casting to the raffia knot. Hold in position until glue dries.