1 clay casting*: #373 – Tiger (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
2” round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: black, dark brown, medium rusty brown, light rusty brown, ivory
1 vase of your choice
1. While clay is still wet, use knife or cookie cutter to cut out design; if your vase has a rounded surface where you will affix the casting, then gently press casting over area so casting will dry conformed to the rounded shape. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply ivory paint to background area and edges of casting . Let dry.
5. Apply the various colors of paint to tiger, one color at a time (as shown below). Let dry between coats so colors won't run together.
6. Use hot glue to affix the casting to the vase. Hold in position until glue dries.