1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp: #371 – Giraffe
Clay* - we recommend Creative Paperclay® which is non-toxic and air dries to a paintable pure white 1 clay casting*: #371 – Giraffe (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
2” round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: brown, warm beige, white or off-white
1. While clay is still wet, use knife or cookie cutter to cut out design. Gently press casting to fit the rounded shape of the area of the candle where you will affix it. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply white or off-white paint to background. Let dry.
5. Paint background of the giraffe in warm beige. Let dry.
6. Paint the spots, nostrils, eyes, and antlers with brown (as shown – sorry we don't have a better closeup photo). Let dry.
7. Use hot glue to affix the casting to the candle. Hold in position until glue dries.