Celebrate spring with a handmade
greeting card for that special friend!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #362 – Daffodils
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* #362 Daffodils (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of green textured paper approx. 2 3/8” x 2 7/8", a piece of white textured paper approx. 2 1/8" x 2 5/8", and a piece of yellow textured paper approx. 2" x 2 1/2").
Acrylic paints – dark orange, orange, gold, yellow, medium green, light green
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation (as shown): Varnish only the flowers and leaves and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply medium green paint to leaves and let dry. Then apply light green paint to highlight the raised portions of leaves (as shown). Let dry.
3. Apply yellow paint to 3 flowers: petals and 2 dots in each center and let dry.
4. Apply dark orange paint to area behind 2 yellow dots in centers of flowers (as shown) and let dry. Then use light orange paint on lower portion of center part of flower. Let dry.
5. Apply yellow to outer petals of each flower and let dry. Then apply gold paint to darken center portion of yellow petals and let dry.
6. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting and let dry.
7. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
8. Glue casting to center of top paper.