1 clay casting*: #358 – Man in the Moon (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
2” round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, aqua blue
Decorative paper cut approx 2" wide and long enough to fit around candle.
1. While clay is still wet, use knife or cookie cutter to cut out design. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply a coat of the aqua paint. Let dry.
5. Paint the moon and star(s) gold. Let dry. Then paint the edge of the casting (as shown). Let dry.
6. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue closed at back.
7. Use hot glue to affix the casting to the paper. Hold in position until glue dries.