1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #349 – Rooster Weathervane
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* of design #349 – Rooster Weathervane (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors**: We used a piece of bronze metallic decorative paper approx. 2 3/4" square with corners punched as shown, and a piece of green and bronze decorative paper cut to approx. 2 1/2" square.
Punch (from craft store) to punch paper as shown
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: light aqua-green, metallic bronze
1. When casting is dry, varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Apply paint to rooster design, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Start with light aqua-green as a background color, then metallic bronze on ridges of body and to weathervane as shown.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Punch holes in the 4 corners of the larger piece as shown.
5. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
6. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.