1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #334 – Easter Egg
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* 334– Easter Egg (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of pale lavender textured paper cut to approx. 3” square , and a piece of pale yellow paper approx. 2 5/8" square)
Paint – medium lavender, dark lavender, medium blue, dark blue, medium pink, dark pink, yellow, white
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the pansy and leaves and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply yellow paint to 2 sections of egg (as shown) and let dry.
3. Apply medium lavender paint to 2 sections of egg (as shown) and let dry.
4. Apply dark blue paint to wheel and top section of egg and let dry. Then use medium blue paint to highlight these 2 areas (as shown) so that recessed portions remain darker. Also apply medium blue to 3 dots in yellow center section of egg. Let dry.
5. Apply medium pink to flower and dots in lavender portions of egg and let dry. Then apply light pink to raised portions of flowers (as shown) so that recessed portions remain darker. Let dry.
6. Apply dark lavender to all portions of wheelbarrow and let dry. Then using the dry brush method, apply white to barely highlight the raised portions of the wheelbarrow and let dry.
7. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting and let dry.
8. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
9. Glue casting to center of top paper.