1 piece decorative paper approx. 2 1/2" wide and long enough to reach around the candle (we used a thick piece of zebra-striped paper).
Glue of your choice or hot glue
Acrylic paints: light green, medium green
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Optional: Apply the varnish just to the design and leave the ouside of the casting untouched.
2. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Apply medium green paint to gecko's body. Let dry.
4. Apply light freen paint to the raised portions of the gecko as a highlight. Let dry.
5. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
6. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue ends together at rear of candle.
7. Use glue of choice to affix casting to center of paper at front of candle.
Project above and cookies below designed and created by Maggie Montgomery.
Photography by David Montgomery