1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp: #328 – Light House
Cotton linter - (see Rycraft Paper Casting Kit and Refill)
1 paper casting* - #328 – Light House(see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
1 candle (round or square)
1 piece decorative paper approx. 1 3/4" wide and long enough to reach around the candle.
Glue of your choice or hot glue
Acrylic paints: red, blue, gray, white, black, yellow, beige (or colors of your choice)
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Optional: Apply the varnish just to the design and leave the ouside of the casting untouched.
2. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Apply beige background paint and let dry.
4. Apply individual colors to light house, one at a time, allowing each color to dry between coats.
6. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
7. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue ends together at rear of candle.
7. Use glue of choice to affix casting to center of paper at front of candle.