1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the lion design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply black paint to lion’s entire head and let dry.
3. Apply metallic gold paint to highlight lion’s face as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
6. Glue casting to center of black-&-gold patterned paper.