1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp: #325 – King of the Jungle
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting*: #325 – King of the Jungle (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
Clear acrylic varnish
1 book with cover you want to decorate
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of dark brown approx. 2 3/4" square
and a piece of metallic bronze, gold and brown patterned paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Paint – metallic bronze, dark brown
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the lion design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply dark brown paint to lion’s entire head and let dry.
3. Apply metallic bronze paint to highlight lion’s face as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut papers to fit your book cover and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the book cover. Let dry.
6. Glue casting to center of bronze and brown patterned paper. Let dry.
Casting designed and created by Alex Haug. Book cover project
designed and created by Maggie Montgomery.
Photograph by David Montgomery.