1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter. Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply medium blue paint to background of casting and let dry. Apply silver to edge of casting and let dry. Apply pearl white paint to teapot and let dry.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
6. Optional: If box is unpainted, apply primer to box lid and bottom sections and let dry. Then apply light blue paint to box and let dry.
7. Optional: Varnish box to protect paint and let dry.
8. Use hot glue to attach casting to box.
9. Paint letters on box or use lettering from craft store or computer.
Project above was designed and created by Maggie Montgomery. Photograph by David Montgomery.