1 clay casting* #315 – Trout(see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
2" cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints or watercolors: blue
Rub 'n Buff® (Silver), foam brush or Spouncer™ by PLAID®, soft cloth
(Paper Edgers® scissors (Clouds and Scallop)
Hot glue or tacky glue or glue stick
Blank card (ours is by Strathmore®)
1. While clay is still wet, cut out casting with cookie cutter. Let dry.
2. Sand any rough edges smooth.
3. Paint with blue paint. Let dry.
4. Apply silver Rub 'n Buff® to the trout, bubbles, and sides of the casting (see Techniques for Special Effects).
5. Use Clouds Paper Edgers to cut edges of card.
6. Use Scallop Paper Edgers to cut the paper rectangle (refer to photo). Use a glue stick or tacky glue to affix paper to front of card.
7. Use hot glue or tacky glue to affix the casting on top of the paper on the card.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore. Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR