1 round gift box (we used a cardboard box from the craft store)
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors: We used a piece of white paper for the background, and a blue decorative paper, both cut into circles as shown.
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic spray paint: deep royal blue for outside of box
Acrylic paints: black or very dark gray, purple, brown, iridescent white (or any colors you prefer)
1. When casting is dry, varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Spray paint the box and let dry.
2. Apply paint to fish design, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Start with black as a background color, then purple along top of fish, top of mouth and top fin, then brown on lower portion of fish down to tail. Let dry thoroughly.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your box and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the box.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on box.