#313 – Seahorse Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
A delightful way to send a friend a summer greeting!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #313 – Seahorse
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #313 – Seahorse (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors**: We used a piece of cream color textured paper approx. 3" x 3 1/2", and a piece of green and gold decorative paper cut to approx. 2 1/2" x 2 7/8".
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: medium green, medium blue, metallic gold
Optional: Clear ultrafine glitter
1. When casting is dry, varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Apply paint to seahorse design, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Start with medium green as a background color, then medium blue on center portion of body and back of neck as shown, then metallic gold on ridges of body and to highlight head as shown. Optional: While gold paint is still wet, apply ultra-fine glitter. Let dry thoroughly.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.