1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #308 – Poinsettia
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* of design #308 – Poinsettia (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
Clear acrylic varnish
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of red** approx. 3 1/4" square, a piece of metallic gold approx. 2 3/4" square, and a piece of black paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, black, 2 shades red** (match with red paper), 2 shades green
Optional: Glitter (ultra fine)
**Note: If you are giving a poinsettia plant that is not red, then you may want to choose a specialty paper and paint that will match the color of its petals.
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the poinsettia design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply darker red paint to poinsettia petals and let dry. Then apply lighter red as highlights (as shown). Let dry.
3. Apply black paint to center of poinsettia and let dry. Then apply metallic gold paint in dots over black in center (as shown). Optional: While gold paint is still wet, apply glitter, shake off access, then let dry.
4. Apply darker green paint to leaves and let dry. Then apply lighter green as highlights (as shown). Let dry.
5. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
6. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
7. Glue casting to center of black paper.