1. When casting is dry, varnish both sides of the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear) and for more sturdiness. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Apply paint to quilt design, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Use the lighter color of gold to highlight the top center portion of the 8 star points in teh center, as shown below.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Optional: Glue magnet to back of casting.
5. Or use painted casting to decorate gift boxes and bags, candles or vases, 4th of July table favors and decorations, ornaments, and any other use you can think of.