1 clay casting* #303 – King David's Crown (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions).
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic primer or white paint
Acrylic paints: green, gold, red, cranberry
Scrap fabric and pinking shears
HeatnBond® Lite fusing material
1/4” satin ribbon tied in a bow
Cord, ribbon, or floral wire for hanger
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting as shown. Let dry
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
4. Apply paint to stamp design as shown.
5. With wrong sides together, fuse together 2 pieces of fabric. Cut into desired shape with pinking shears.
6. Use hot glue to attach casting and ribbon bow to the fabric as shown.
7. Glue cord on back for hanger.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.