Round cookie cutter, slightly larger than the flower on the cookie stamp, or knife
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic primer (optional)
Acrylic paint: pearl white
Paper Edgers® - Seagull and Scallop
Specialty papers (scrapbooking, origami, wrapping, etc.) - we used:
1 piece flecked off-white paper for background, trimmed with Seagull Paper Edgers® to fit onto card with a border of card showing behind paper approx. 1/4", as shown.
1 piece light mauve paper with words "Happy Anniversary" printed on it, cut in rectangular shape and trimmed with Scallop Paper Edgers® as shown.
2 pieces mauve paper (1) cut in round shape, (2) cut in rectangular shape – both trimmed with Scallop Paper Edgers® as shown.
Tacky glue or hot glue or glue stick
1 blank greeting card and envelope (ours is by Strathmore®)
4 pieces artificial fern (from craft store)
1. While clay is still wet, cut out circle from casting using a heart cookie cutter or knife. Let casting dry.
2. When casting is dry, sand any rough edges smooth. Optional: Apply primer to both sides of casting. Let dry.
3. Apply a coat of pearl white paint. Let dry.
4. Using the Seagull Paper Edgers® scissors, cut the flecked decorative paper for the background and glue on card. Then cut 1 mauve paper into a rectangular shape, trim with Scallop Paper Edgers® scissors and glue to card as shown.
5. Print "Happy Anniversary" onto a piece of light mauve paper (using computer or rubber stamp or pen and ink), then cut into smaller rectangle and trim with Scallop Paper Edgers® scissors. Glue to card on top of mauve rectangle as shown.
6. Cut the pieces of fern and glue to card.
7. Cut 1 mauve paper into a rectangular shape, trim with Scallop Paper Edgers® scissors and glue to card on top of ferns, as shown.
8. Use tacky glue or hot glue to attach the casting to the center of the round mauve paper as shown.