1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the sleigh design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply red paint to tulip petals as shown and let dry.
3. Apply gold paint to stems and leaves as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut red paper to fit behind doily, then glue the 2 pieces together and let dry.
6. Glue doily piece onto card and let dry.
7. Glue casting to center of doily as shown.
8. Glue embellishments onto doily.