#297 – Tulip Duo
Sweetheart Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
Create this beautiful card for that very special person –
then pair it with homemade cookies to show how much you care.
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #297 – Tulip Duo Left OR #298 – Tulip Duo Right
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #297 – Tulip Duo Left OR #298 – Tulip Duo Right (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
1 piece red paper cut in heart shape to fit behind heart doily as shown
1 paper heart-shaped doily (from craft store)
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, red to match red paper
3 (or more) studs, grommets, jewels or other embellishments
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the sleigh design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply red paint to tulip petals as shown and let dry.
3. Apply gold paint to stems and leaves as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut red paper to fit behind doily, then glue the 2 pieces together and let dry.
6. Glue doily piece onto card and let dry.
7. Glue casting to center of doily as shown.
8. Glue embellishments onto doily.
Greeting card designed and created by Alex Haug.