Clay Casting Project
A truly unique gift for that special cookie baker in your life.
#295 – Pansy 2 1/2" craft stamp and 2" cookie stamp
and 8-stamp display board (out of stock)
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp each: #295 – Pansy
Clay* - we recommend Creative Paperclay® which is non-toxic and air dries to a paintable pure white
2 clay castings*: #295 – Pansy (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions), cut out while clay is still wet.
1 Rycraft 8-Stamp Home Display Board (out of stock)
Pearlcote™ Pearl Glaze by PLAID® (spray can)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from paper instead of clay (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
1. While clay is still wet, cut out pansy design from each casting and let dry.
2. Apply a coat of primer to each pansy cutout and let dry.
3. Paint each cutout with acrylic paint to resemble a pansy and let dry. Note: You may want to use very intense or bright colors because the pearl glaze will subdue the paint colors and make them more subtle.
4. Spray 2 to 4 coats of Pearlcote™ Pearl Glaze until the desired effect is achieved and let dry.
5. Glue the two pansies together, and then glue them to the top of your home display board as pictured.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR