1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #295 – Pansy 100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* - #295 – Pansy (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of dark purple cut to approx. 2 3/4” square using Paper Edgers scissors, and a piece of lavender textured paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Paint – dark purple, yellow, medium purple, lavender, pale lavender, dark green, medium green
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation (as shown): Varnish only the pansy and leaves and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply dark green paint to 4 leaves and let dry. Then apply medium green paint just to raised portions of leaves so edges and center veins remain darker. Let dry.
3. Apply medium purple paint to 2 top petals of pansy and let dry.
4. Apply lavender paint to remaining petals of pansy and let dry. Then use light lavender paint to highlight upper portions so that recessed portions remain darker. Let dry.
5. Apply yellow to center of pansy and let dry. Then apply dark purple in a very thin line around yellow center, then leave some white showing around the center as you apply dark purple onto petals (as shown) and let dry.
6. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting and let dry.
7. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
8. Glue casting to center of top paper.