#287 - Clubs
Card Box Decoration
Paper Casting Project
#286 – Hearts
#289 – Diamonds, #287 – Clubs
#288 – Spades
2 each: heart, spade, diamond, club cardboard or wood cut-outs (from the craft store)
- or make your own using 2 castings* each: #286 – Hearts, #287 – Clubs, #288 – Spades, and #289 - Diamonds
1 box to fit a deck of cards (we used a natural cardboard craft box from the craft store)
Acrylic spray varnish
Acrylic paints: red, black
1. Apply red paint to the gift box lid. Let dry. Apply a second coat if desired. Let dry.
2. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Use a fine-tipped paint brush to apply black (or red) paint to the design. Let dry.
2. Apply red and black paint to the wood cut-outs (as shown) and let dry.
Use glue or hot glue to affix casting to top of box lid and let dry.
6. Glue wood cutouts to 2 longer sides of box (4 on each side).
Project below designed and created by Maggie Montgomery. Photograph by David Montgomery.
Bake up a batch of springerle cookies to match!