2 clay castings*: #282 – Baseball Mitt (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
Sandpaper or emery board
1 small magnet (from craft store)
Acrylic paints: black, 2 shades of brown, white, red (or whatever colors you prefer)
1. While clay is still wet, use knife to cut out the baseball mitt design. Let dry.
2. Sand rough or uneven areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of castings and let dry.
4. Apply the darker of the 2 brown paints to entire surface of glove, covering edges and back of casting. Let dry.
5. Apply lighter brown paint as a highlight to raised surfaces of glove (as shown). Let dry.
6. Apply white paint to baseball and let dry.
7. Apply red paint to stitching on glove and also to stitching on baseball (or use whatever colors you prefer).
8. Apply lettering using black paint. Let dry.
9. Use hot glue to affix the magnet to back of completed casting. Hold in position until glue dries.