1 piece of stationery, note paper, or blank card (any color you choose)
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: red, green, yellow, blue, brown (or whatever colors you like)
Tacky glue, white glue or hot glue
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions) but may not be as practical if you plan to send it through the mails. The choice is yours.
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
2. Apply paint to the balloons and strings as shown. Apply each color separately and let dry between coats so colors don't run into each other. Let dry.
3. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
4. Optional: Print message on computer printer or write by hand before attaching casting.
5. Use glue of your choice to affix casting to paper. Let dry.