1. While clay is wet, cut out casting with cookie cutter and let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
4. Apply green, red and gold paint to design, as shown in photograph. Let dry.
5. Optional: Apply Rub ‘n Buff® to the design edges, and sides as shown. Let dry.
6. Use hot glue to attach casting to snowflake, then glue to the package.
7. Glue on bow.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.