1 clay casting* - #276 – Fleur de Lis (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
Sandpaper or emery board (fine grit)
Acrylic primer (optional)
Acrylic clear varnish (optional)
Acrylic paints: metallic gold (or any color you prefer)
Tacky glue or hot glue
Optional: 1 magnet (from a craft store).
Optional - For an ornament: 1 piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using sharp knife. If you are going to make an ornament, use toothpick to poke a hole in the top (see How to Make a Hole). Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply metallic gold paint to front and back or cut-out casting and let dry.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
6. Use hot glue to attach magnet to back, or make an ornament by attaching a piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.