1 clay casting* #271 – Jolly Santa (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions).
1 biscuit cookie cutter 2 1/2” diameter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paint: white
Textured snow paint (we used Fantasy Snow™ by Delta®)
8” length of ribbon, cord or floral wire
1. While clay is still wet, use biscuit cookie cutter to cut out casting. Add hole for hanging (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions). Let dry.
2. Sand any rough areas smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer to both sides of casting and let dry.
4. Apply a coat of whit paint to both sides and let dry.
5. Apply snow paint to edges around design on front side of casting. Let dry.
6. Optional: cover entire back and sides of casting with snow paint.
7. Loop ribbon, cord or wire through hole to make a hanger for tree.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.