Sandpaper or emery board (fine grit)
Acrylic primer (optional)
Acrylic clear varnish (optional)
Acrylic paints: medium red, deep red, white, metallic gold, black, peach
Tacky glue or hot glue
Optional: 1 magnet (from a craft store) or 1 piece jute string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter. If you are going to make an ornament, use toothpick to poke a hole in the top (see How to Make a Hole). Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply red paint to background and let dry. Apply other colors to design as shown, letting paint dry between colors.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
5. Use hot glue to attach magnet to back, or for ornament, attach hanger.