1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #268 – Rampant Lion
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors: we used a piece of gold metallic textured paper cut to 2 7/8" x 3 3/8"(after being trimmed with pinking shears or Paper Edgers™ scissors, and a piece of deep eggplant and gold patterned paper cut to 2 1/2" x 3".
1 Paper Edgers Scissors
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, black
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the lion design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply black paint to lion's body and let dry. Then apply metallic gold on top as shown. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.