#266 – Sunface Greeting Card Paper Casting Project
Give a gift box of delicious cookies with a greeting card to match.
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #266 – Sunface 1 sheet Rycraft 100% Cotton Linter
paper casting* of design #266 – Sunface (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors: we used 1 piece of metalic gold textured paper cut to 2 3/4"
x 4 1/4", and a piece of dark brown, metallic gold, bronze, and black patterned paper cut to 2 1/2" x 3 7/8".
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, metallic bronze and white
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design
disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the snowman
design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply pearl-white or white paint to sunface design EXCEPT for the whites of the eyes and let dry. Then apply other colors, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together: bronze for cheeks and lips, white for whites of eyes. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.