1 round gift box (we used a cardboard box from the craft store)
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors: We used a piece of natural kraft paper for the background, and a medium blue decorative paper, both cut into circles as shown.
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic spray paint: medium blue for outside of box
Acrylic paints: medium blue, medium blue, white, light brown, dark brown, light gray, black (or any colors you prefer)
1. When casting is dry, varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Spray paint the box and let dry.
2. Apply paint to sailboat design, one color at a time (as shown), letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Let dry thoroughly.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your box and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the box.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on box.