#262 – Sunflower Doily Gift Box Decoration
Paper Casting Project
A delightful old-fashioned way to decorate a gift box!
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design if it comes in contact with moisture. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
2. Use fabric stiffener to stiffen doily and let dry thoroughly.
4. Glue doily onto center of box lid.
5. Glue sunflower casting to center of doily and let dry.
6. Glue ribbon to stem of sunflower on casting as shown.
Use the same decoration to adorn a gift
box of delicious homemade cookies
with the matching sunflower design!