#262 – Sunflower Doily Gift Box Decoration Paper Casting Project
A delightful old-fashioned way
to decorate a gift box!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp: #262 – Sunflower
Cotton linter - (see Rycraft Paper Casting Kit and Refill)
1 paper casting* - #262 – Sunflower(see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
1 craft box or other gift box
1 white doily 5-6" in diameter
Fabric stiffener (follow directions on bottle) from craft store
1 piece gold 1/8" wide satin ribbon (or color of your choice)
1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design if it comes in contact with moisture. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
2. Use fabric stiffener to stiffen doily and let dry thoroughly.
4. Glue doily onto center of box lid.
5. Glue sunflower casting to center of doily and let dry.
6. Glue ribbon to stem of sunflower on casting as shown.
Use the same decoration to adorn a gift box of delicious homemade cookies with the matching sunflower design!