#255 – Sleigh Christmas Card Paper Casting Project
Create a unique and beautiful Christmas card –
then send it along with matching cookies for a very special gift.
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #255 – Sleigh
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #255 – Sleigh (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of shiny metallic red textured paper approx. 3 1/4" square, a piece of metallic gold paper approx. 3" square, and a piece of metallic medium-blue textured paper cut to approx. 2 1/2" square)
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: metallic gold, blue to match paper, red, green
Optional: Glitter, ultra fine
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the sleigh design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply paint to sleigh design, one color at a time, letting each color dry between coats so colors don't run together. Optional: If you want to apply glitter to ribbons, bows and sleigh trim, apply glitter while gold paint is still wet. Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.