1 clay casting* #251 – Angel Singing OR #1002 – Angel Singing (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions).
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paint: white or pearl white, gold
Gold stars (we used 7).
Optional: glitter, ribbon, satin mini-bows, sequins, confetti, etc.
Doily (from craft store) already stiffened or stiffen (per instructions on How to Stiffen Doilies).
Hot glue and Tacky glue
Gold ribbon, cord, floral wire, or fishing line for hanger.
1. While clay is still wet, trim casting close to design using a knife (as shown in photo). Let dry and sand rough edges smooth.
2. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
3. Apply paint as desired.
4. Apply gold paint to tips of angel's wings, halo, sleeves and decoration on her dress (as shown).
5. Hot glue casting to center of stiffened doily.
6. Tacky glue stars and other embellishments to doily.
7. Hot glue ribbon, gold cord, floral wire, or fishing line on back as a hanger.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.