1. While clay is wet, cut out casting with crimper cookie cutter and let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
4. Apply a coat of gold paint to front and back of casting (excluding design). Let dry.
5. Apply a coat of red paint to the stripes and bow on the design and let dry.
6. Apply a coat of white paint to other stripes on the design and let dry.
7. Tie or hot glue bow to package or basket handle.
8. Hot glue decorated casting to bow.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.